Friday, July 8, 2011

Menu Plan: Weekend of 7/9

Where's the beef? This weekend, it's on the menu.

I don't cook with beef much because it's more expensive and I frequently find that - with all the specialty ingredients and produce I'm buying - my grocery list is pricy enough as it is. However, this recipe really appealed, so I succumbed. Last week was practically vegetarian (bacon doesn't count!), so let's go for it.

Here's the roster:

Goan Beef Curry with Vinear: Beef Vindaloo
Apricot Chutney - 500 Indian Recipes (Shehzad Husain, Rafi Fernandez, Mridula Baljekar and Manisha Kanani)
Fruity Pilau - 500 Indian Recipes (Shehzad Husain, Rafi Fernandez, Mridula Baljekar and Manisha Kanani)
Welsh Cookies

I am so excited about the Welsh cookies, you have no idea. It's somewhat ludicruous.


Substitution notes:

Pilau: Calls for cardamom pods. (I was actually going to break down and buy these, but Kroger's - surprisingly - doesn't have them. Anyone know where, short of mail order?) Will use appropriate amount of ground.
Cookies: Calls for currants. Going to use raisins, unless I can find currants. Which might be easy. Never really looked.

No comments:

Post a Comment