Friday, July 22, 2011

Menu Plan: Weekend of 7/23

I put together a menu intended to work around my mid-afternoon gig, including shopping this evening and - gasp! - starting dinner. I still can't figure out how the timing on this recipe is supposed to work. It says 6 - 8 hours on Low in the slow cooker, shred the chicken, then 3 - 4 hours more. If you want to eat at 6pm, that entails starting as early as 6am. I don't even understand how that's a practical option for anyone of the human persuasion.

So I'm going to start it late tonight, set my alarm so I turn it off after 7 hours, potentially shred the chicken before I go back to bed (because come on, it's Saturday!) and let it sit until I'm ready to leave for my gig. I'm hoping it won't overcook. I'm also noticing that these thing has a ton of five-star reviews on its site, so ... great expectations, starting now.

Here's this weekend:

Chicken and Corn Chili
Cat Head Biscuits - Unknown Cook's Country 2009 - 2010
Autumnal Birthday Cake - How To Be A Domestic Goddess (Nigella Lawson)
Toffee Ice Cream

I'm a bit nervous about the flours, since I need cake flour, self-rising cake flour, and regular flour. In all probability, what will happen is I'll just make cake flour out of regular and self-rising, respectively, since I have a reliable recipe for cake flour.



No comments:

Post a Comment