Friday, May 6, 2011

Menu Plan: Weekend of 5/7

For this week, I am planning on tackling curried chicken salad. The best version of this I've ever had was in Ullapool, Scotland. It's not a postage stamp of a town: it would get bounced back for insufficient postage. It's that tiny. I was there in May, and the locals swore up and down that it was the one nice week of the year. The curried chicken salad was simple pub food - but it set the bar for me.

Menu specifics:

Curried Chicken Salad
Lily's Scones - How To Be A Domestic Goddess (Nigella Lawson)
Lemon Ricotta Cookies With Lemon Glaze - Giada's Kitchen (Giada De Laurentiis)
Blueberry Ice Cream

Substitution notes:

Scones - don't have (or can't find) a round cutter, so using my heart-shaped one instead. Painfully cutesy, I know.

Ice cream - going to use some vanilla extract rather than a vanilla bean pod. I's poor!

No comments:

Post a Comment