Friday, May 13, 2011

Menu Plan: Weekend of 5/14

Let us just say: Friday the 13th has lived up to its reputation for me. It has been one of those days.

Since I have a rehearsal tomorrow, the plan is to experiment with a slow cooker main course. I had a lot of fun over this week browsing recipes, and finally ended up with:

Cranberry Chicken - Slow Cooking (Joanna White)
Carrot Casserole - Allrecipes Tried & True Slow Cooker and Casserole (a compilation from allrecipes.com)
Mango Scones - Teatime (Clare Gordon-Smith)


One important substitution: after high-level talks with my mother about the purpose and autonomy of fresh cranberries in the chicken, along with the impossibility of locating said, I decided to use two thirds whole berry cranberry sauce, one third dried cranberries. If it works, it will get written in permanently.

No other substitutions, except my usual malarky of cutting back on the onion, and I decided not to make the peaches and cream that is supposed to go with the scones.

No comments:

Post a Comment