Friday, April 22, 2011

Menu Plan: Weekend of 4/23

This week's menu has one theme: where's the meat?

I have abandoned my carnivorous ways, though not my general lack of interest in vegetables, for this weekend and a creamy Italian menu followed by complete and utter randomness for dessert. Here's the lineup:

Tuscan White Bean and Garlic Soup - Giada's Kitchen (Giada de Laurentiis)
Fettucine Alfredo - Everyday Italian (Giada de Laurentiis)
Snickers and Peanut Butter Muffins - How To Be A Domestic Goddess (Nigella Lawson)
Orange Sorbet

This will be my first time attempting to make a sorbet. It's a different prep process: this time, the liquid is boiled, whereas with ice cream, boiling = curdling = death. I've had mixed results with the proportions on recipes from this site, so if this sorbet is too fruity, then the next time, I'll cut back on the flavoring ingredient, whateverso it may be.

No comments:

Post a Comment