Wednesday, February 23, 2011

A Revelation

One more important discovery occurred during the cooking class yesterday:

I discovered it was possible to like asparagus.

See the "My Palette" post and observe that asparagus is high on my list of irrational dislikes. It's not just a vegetable I don't care for, it's always been one I can't stand.

I kind of zoned out last night when the chef was talking about the asparagus, because I figured you'd have to hold me at gunpoint to get me to make it, and at that point, I would be too nervous to remember cooking techniques anyhow.

But then I tried the dish ... and wow. Steamed with lemon juice / zest? I actually enjoyed the asparagus, though it still has a bitterness I don't care for. I might make it, in the interests of green vegetable-hood.

I just hope I didn't miss anything important whilst tuning out ...

No comments:

Post a Comment