Friday, February 25, 2011

Menu Plan: Weekend of 2/26 and Bonus

This week, I've decided to try something different. Having discovered some recipes that have calorie counts (sacrilege!), on Saturday, I will be making a dessert and a side to have with the rest of the macaroni and cheese from last week ... and on Sunday, I will be making two dishes to eat throughout the week. Four servings each, minus dinner on Tuesday because the cooking class has the audacity to feed me, should take care of the week.

For the weekend:

Greek-Style Carrots - The Mediterranean Cookbook (Parragon Publishing)
Apple Spice Cake with Cream Cheese Icing

For next week's eating pleasure:

Potatoes in Yogurt Sauce - 500 Indian Recipes (Shehzad Husain, Rafi Fernandez, Mridula Baljekar and Manisha Kanani)
Chicken & Almond Soup - Same


Yes, I am rather fond of my odd little exhaustive Indian cookbook. Why do you ask?

In the interests of substitional disclosure:

Greek-Style Carrots: 2 significant substitutions - regular honey rather than Greek honey, and I sincerely doubt I'll be able to find young carrots, so already I'm figuring this is a ballpark recipe. Three strikes and you're out. Less a substitution as a holy-mackerel: noticed this recipe used almost two pounds of carrots and decided to halve it.
Apple Spice Cake: 1 minor substitution - pre-ground nutmeg rather than fresh.
Chicken & Almond Soup: 1 minor substitution - ground black pepper rather than crushed peppercorns.

No comments:

Post a Comment