Friday, January 14, 2011

Why "Evil Overlady?"

(More quotation marks! Appropriately punctuated, at that. I have to take refuge in my competence in *some*thing.)

So some of you may be wondering (or not!) about the title of this blog. When I was poking around, trying to come up with a clever / cute / funny handle, I was originally looking for something that would highlight my difficulties. So being left-i-capped, the first idea I had was, "The Sinister Chef," but then I thought ... that's not funny at all.

But evil overlords are sinister. And perversely funny. And it certainly fits the grandoise plans I seem to get myself into. If there were a "The Top 100 Things I'd Do If I Ever Became An Evil Overlord (In The Kitchen)" list (see Evil Overlord List - one of the best pieces of literature on the net), I would be flagrantly disobeying most of it.

Some day, I will be conquered by a plucky group of misfit souffles. Until then ...

1 comment: